We conducted our first seminar for 2014 in April at Traders Hotel. We had an overwhelming turnout from family physicians.
The topics covered by our doctors and invited speakers were:
- Developing an Immunisation practice : What GPs should know
by Dr Wong Sin Yew
- New Developments in vaccines and vaccine preventable diseases : A review and update of recent changes
by Dr Limin Wijaya
- Managing Adverse Vaccine Reactions : What is your liability and how to manage these
by Dr Raymond Fong
- Case presentation and discussion : Clinical vignettes
by Dr Lam Mun San
The attendees had an enjoyable afternoon and participated actively in the session on
Clinical Vignettes and the Q & A sessions.
The feedback forms we collected provided a great insight into our seminar, as outlined below:
- Attendees rated all the speakers very well.
- A convenient venue
- All the topics were adequately covered.
- The examples provided were practical and appropriate.
And some requested for even more topics to be covered in future seminars on vaccines!
We are grateful for the support given by our family practitioner friends and our Infectious Disease Specialists colleagues who contributed to the success of this seminar!
We wish to also thank GSK for their support for this seminar.